Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Loving my little bunch!!

Tonight was Bible study night. I have looked forward to it all week. I start on Wednesdays thinking... well, it will be a while before we meet again. By Thursdays, I am thinking.. I have to work tonight and Friday... it won't be long now. By Saturday, I am looking forward to church on Sunday morning. Mondays, I am thinking.... I work tonight and then it is time for Bible study again. All day on Tuesdays... my heart is just busting for the ladies to show up. What a blessing they are to me.

We have grown so much since we started in October. Closer to the Lord and to one another. I look forward to what God has planned for my little bunch.

Tonight, we looked at the Measureless Love of God. (okay... you know it was Beth Moore) Of all the things that are so perfectly measured in the Word of God (the creation of the heavens and the earth, the tabernacle, the ark, the New Jerusalem, etc) He himself tells us that His love for us is measureless. (Ephesians 3:17b-19) This love surpasses knowledge. WOW! He knows the number of my days, the number of hairs on my head... but His love for ME, for YOU, is measureless... it surpasses knowledge. What an amazing thought. Unconditional Love. Nothing that I have done or nothing that I can do, will change His love for Me, and for YOU. Don't just let that pass over you, stop and think about it. Is there anyone else in your life that you can say that about?? Even my parents, my husband, or my children... I know that there are things that could alter their love for me... BUT not my God. It surpasses knowledge.

I choose to take that to the bank. I choose to let that change the way I feel and see things. What about you?? What will you do with it?? Read it for yourself.... please, don't take it from me. Stand on the Truth.

Lynn

1 comment:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Lynn:
Thanks for visiting my blog. Whew...what a night! I just finished up Beth's study "Stepping Up: A Journey through the Psalms of Ascent" with my ladies. I've been facilitating her studies for the past 5 years since moving here.

I grow weary with the doing sometimes...always glad to have a breather, but I have a difficult time with endings. Tonight was no different. We've had a lot of new ladies to study this time, and I could sense their "angst" even as I did after finishing my first study with Beth. I'm especially praying that they would reach out to God in these "in between" times and continue in their study of his word.

These women are life to me, and I count it the highest privilege to stand alongside of them in this season of my life. I know you must feel the same.

Feel free to contact me anytime. I'd love to hear about your group! May God be close to you all as you grow in your knowledge of love of him.

peace for the journey~elaine