Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Big Girl Dinners and Failed Plans

Tonight, the little group of women that meet at my house for Bible study on Tuesday nights went out for what we called "a big girl dinner". You know... moms don't get a lot of time to just be "big girls". We decided on Olive Garden. One of my very favorites. It is much easier to go to a nice restaurant when you only have to pay for one persons meal. When I take my family of 5, it can break the bank. We laughed and talked and laughed and talked some more.

What a blessing this little group has been to me. When God laid it on my heart to do a home Bible study.... I made my plans and proceeded. God is so much about his plan and not ours. Things just didn't work out like I planned. Most of the people that I invited couldn't make it. So... with just one neighbor and one friend from Sunday School we started. My neighbor soon invited her sister-in-law. You know what is really funny.... now after all of this time, my neighbor admitted to me that she looked for excuses at the beginning so that she wouldn't have to come. Now she can't wait to get here on Tuesday nights. She received the Lord as her Savior about a month or two ago. The sister-in-law has testified about how much her life has changed since we started. The friend from Sunday School has become a really dear friend to me. As it turns out.... God had the plan. God brought the ladies that needed to come. God's plan was by far better than mine. I know that He has to get a kick out of us. He has to just laugh out loud at us sometimes. I praise Him for what He is doing in this little group. We just finished up one series (OF COURSE IT WAS A BETH MOORE STUDY) and we will be doing a few short series from her "Wednesdays with Beth" over the next month.... BUT in May.... We are going to start our first "homework" study by Beth Moore. I can't wait to see what God has planned for this.

Have a great Day... and remember God loves you like no one else does

1 comment:

About Nancy said...

Good for you for hanging in there and doing God's work. God is smiling at your generous love and dedication to the women of your study. Well done!