Monday, September 29, 2008

Seven Random Things...

Okay ladies... if you don't already think that I am crazy enough, I have been tagged by Tracy at My Cup Runneth Over to tell you seven random things about me...

So here goes,

1. I am somewhat anal (should I have said that word here??) about certain things...

I don't like trash in my trash cans, especially the bathroom trash cans.
I can't stand to have dirty clothes in the dirty clothes baskets.
I can't stand to have cup rings on the glass-topped coffee table.
I can't stand to have anything on my kitchen counters.

Now, I know that those things would make you think that you should be able to walk into my house and it is always clean... but that is not the case. Just look in any corner, and you will find multiple cobwebs and dust bunnies.


2. I left a Sonic bag in my car overnight with the onions that I scraped off my burger in it... and I don't even have to tell you what my car smells like right now. I also don't need to tell you that I asked for my burger WITHOUT onions.


3. My husband loves to cook out. He is the official cook for all of our family get-togethers. He loves to cook BBQ ribs, shrimp, pork chops, roast, chicken, etc. If it can be cooked out on the grill... he cooks it. The crazy thing is that I don't ever eat it. I don't like it. If he cooks hot dogs, I will have one without the bun. I will eat the burgers... with a bun. Which leads to a different random thought...


4. If the hot dog is bought in a dive... I was going to say restaurant but that is not where you usually buy hot dogs... I want the bun and the fixings. But... if it is cooked on the grill, I just want the hot dog cut up with NO bun. (you asked for it....)


5. My little email man just announced that I have a new email. It is another comment on my last post about our book study. That makes 20 comments.... the most I have ever had. I had to get up a do a little jig. What is it about comments that make us so happy?? So... if you are reading this you need to be sure to leave a comment, but try to be nice. I know that I just exposed myself as totally crazy.


6. I hesitate to even tell this one... but if you have been to my blog enough, you know that we have a problem with kittens. I know that it can be easily taken care of... but if you have been to my blog enough... you know that spending money on the cat is not an option right now... With all that said.... Momma kitty just had 5 more kittens on Friday, the best part... is that she had them on my husband's sock shelf. That will teach him to close the closet door.


7. I really want to learn how to design blogs. Not so that I can make money... (that would be gravy) but because I want to change mine way too often. If I ever learn how... you will probably have to stop by at least once a week to see the "new" look.


8. I know that there were only suppose to be seven... but I just wanted to add that even with all of these crazy "things" about me.... One thing that is not crazy is that I love my Lord. He has been so good to me. I want to have all of Him on this side of eternity that I can possibly have. We are on a different level recently.... and I think that I really love it. I have become a little like Job ( I said a LITTLE like him)... no matter what happens, I will continue to love and serve Him. I also long to be real. To allow God to use what I have been through for His glory. ALL of it.

These are the people that I am tagging.... come on guys... it is fun.
The rules are to share seven random things about yourself, then tag seven friends. Be sure to visit their blogs and let them know they’ve been tagged.

Have fun... I am tagging...
Lelia at Write for the Heart
Regina at Grinder's Switch
Beverly at Momma's Blog Log
Pamela at PinkShoeLady
Kelley at Aroma of Joy
Susan at Runner Mom
Pamela at In His Graces

And to anyone else that wants to play along. Let me know if you post, I will want to come by and see if there is anyone crazier than me.

post signature

7 comments:

Lelia Chealey said...

HI Lynn!
Paula & Naomi tagged me too so I'm going to do what I did with them & just post here:

1. I have a sharp tongue
2. When trying to control my sharp tongue instead of using words to lash out at my hubby, Gene knows if I'm upset if I bring home any dessert with peanut butter in it. :)
3. My husband & I share the same birthday...next Sunday Oct. 5th but he's 6yrs older. :)
4. Being a writer was never a childhood dream of mine.
5. I love avacodos sprinkled with lemon pepper
6. I had all 3 kids with no meds.

Blessings,
Lelia

Tracy said...

I loved reading your answers! I share some of your same obsessions...trash can, glass rings, etc. Although I don't mind things (appliances) being on my kitchen counters, I can't stand for there to be crumbs, sticky stuff, etc. I completely obsess about this, yet there are dust bunnies in practically every corner of my house! I had to giggle about your hot-dog preferences, and also your comment about the comments! I know exactly what you mean. I think of them (most of the time) as "little hugs" and I love hugs! You've made me smile and no, you're not at all crazy! ; )

Happy Monday,
Tracy

Pinkshoelady said...

Hey Lynn,
Thanks for the prayers!
I am going to ask for some pain medicine this time...so hopefully that will help.

I posted my 7 things! I love being tagged!

Thanks for including me!

I am planning to see you tomorrow night.

Pamela

Melanie said...

Ooh-ooh, I wanna play! Give me a little while to post. I'm not sure I've got seven blogs to tag either, does it matter?

Melanie

Runner Mom said...

Thanks for tagging me! I'll work on it and post later! Time to run--NOT LITERALLY--to the grocery store and pick up chld #1!!
Love ya,
Susan

Hmm...maybe we should just pick up hots dogs from the local dive down the road??? Hee hee!

Pinkshoelady said...

Hey Lynn,
Its me again with a big Praise!
I did not have to have thje last shot!
I got there and he asked me about my pain levels. I had been having little to no pain the last few days so he examined the area and no shots!!!!

So Praise! Praise! Praise!

See ya tomorrow! I may have to bring Zoie until Mike can pick her up. He is working until 6:00 so he could get her around 6:30!

THanks!!!

Praise! Praise! Praise!

Oh and one more thing PRAISE!!!

Love Pamela

Beverly said...

Ok I've written my stuff on my site. this was fun! thanks