Friday, April 24, 2009

God's mercy and Grace

Again... I am amazed at God's mercy and His grace. Today we went to look at the car that my son was driving when he had his accident... it is enough to make my heart sick. But.... knowing that God had his hand on this car as it slammed into a truck at 55mph or more... makes my heart sing. He is our protector. He is more merciful than we can ever imagine. Jason is doing fairly well. He is still extremely sleepy and groggy. He is weak and unsteady on his feet most of the time.... BUT he is alive. I thought that I would include a few pictures of the car. They are a little graphic.... AND the beer can under the car in one photo does not belong to my son... it is in the fence at the wreckage yard. Please take a moment and praise God that He chose to spare Jason's life. Please also pray that Jason will cooperate with God's purpose for this.


Father... I am in awe of you. You are so totally in control of all things. I cannot thank you enough for giving Jason more time here. Not only for me... But for him. Please have your way and your will with this. I will praise you forever. I am humbled... I have found myself looking up at your heavens in awe that you would do this for us.... more tears. I love you Lord.



post signature

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my...I had no clue...I am thankful that your son was spared. God has a plan...

Blessings & Love
Tessa

natalie said...

Lynn,

God must have some pretty awesome plans for your son!

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for sparing Lynn's Son. I pray this will bring him and his family closer to you.

Lynn, did your son have his seatbelt on? When our daughter was killed in the accident, our oldest daughter, who was 15 at the time wanted something good to come of our tragedy. We had keychains with Mals picture on 1 side and the other promoting the importance of seatbelt safety. I would love to send one to your son if you do not mind giving me your address.

My email is natalie.adkins@sjsd.12.mo.us

Grace 2 U,
natalie

natalie said...

Lynn,

I just went back and read about your son,Jason's accident. How scarry for you.

The line from the Shack, you are so right, God does see "our story" from beginning to end.

Jer. 29:11, even before Jason was born, God had a plan for him. How awesome to know that Our Heavenly Father IS in control!

Praying you as this experience draws you close to Him and you feel His peace.

natalie

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Oh Lynn, I didn't know; now beginning to pray for your family...all of you! I'm thankful for your son's ultimate safety and return home. May he heal quickly, both physically, mentally, and whatever God intends to do with him spiritually speaking. In your previous post, you've written a true witness of faith. I pray to be so trusting in times like this.

Let me know if I can do anything. I know that sounds ridiculous (considering where I live), but if you can think of any practical way I can help, I'd love to.

Prayers and blessings all around tonight.

peace~elaine

Libby said...

Bless your heart girl!

I don't know that I could be as strong in my faith as you are. To sit back and say God has a plan is amazing! I will pray for you family for continued strength and courage.

The other day I took the girls to school and missed being in a huge accident by about a minute. There were ambulances, and fire trucks everywhere. A truck in the side of a brick building. While stuck in traffic praying and thanking God that He guided my steps...if we had left the house just one minutes earlier that could have been us!

He is in control!!

Jennifer said...

Praising God with you.

Tracy said...

I had no idea Lynn! No wonder looking at this brings you to tears. How I praise you Lord for what you've done for Lynn's son!

Rejoicing with you, sweet one!
Tracy

Tea with Tiffany said...

Wow!

Thank you Lord for saving Lynn's son. Continue to heal any wounds he may have as he recovers.